EEM2-U3C USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 - SATA M.2 box
External SuperSpeed USB-C metal box for M.2 SATA SSD disks having size of up 42 to 80 mm.
|Input||USB 3.2 Gen 1|
|Output||M.2 SATA, SATA 6G, UASP|
|Device support||M.2 2242, M.2 2260, M.2 2280|
|PC connection||USB type A-M, disconnectable cable, cable 25 cm|
Where to buy
External box AXAGON EEM2-U3C is designed for SATA M.2 SSD drives. It is equipped with a modern SuperSpeed USB-C connector for easy and reliable connection.
SATA 6G interface with UASP and USB 3.2 Gen 1 support allows you to enjoy the speed of modern M.2 SSD drives.
The external box supports TRIM function to reduce the gradual degradation of SSD performance over time. Booting from an SSD in an external box is also supported.
In external box you can use B key and B&M key SATA M.2 SSDs up to 22x80 mm without limiting the maximum capacity of the SSD.
M.2 cards can be both single-sided or double-sided.
SATA M.2 • B key OR B&M key • ANY CAPACITY • UASP • TRIM
The box is equipped with a double-sided USB-C connector, which offers a convenient and fast connection without having to find the correct orientation of the cable.
The USB-C connector also ensures reliable contact without the risk of accidental disconnection of the external drive.
The included 25 cm connection cable is equipped with the most common and thus the most versatile type A USB connector.
A decently lit blue LED indicates that the computer is connected to the USB port with a permanent light and flashing when transferring the data.
For efficient operation, the external box is programmed to suspend the drive after 5 minutes of inactivity.
USB-C • USB-A CABLE • DECENT LED INDICATION • AUTO SUSPEND
The clever design of the box makes it easy to mount and dismount the M.2 drive thanks to the latches mount.
To complete the assembly, simply screw a single screw into the box body and the external drive is ready for use.
The smart aluminium body is not only durable, but also ensures sufficient SSD cooling.
Installation on supported operation systems is completely automatic. The external drive can be connected
not only to computers and laptops, but also to cell phones and tablets if they have OTG support.
MOUNTING WITH ONE SCREW • ALU CASE • AUTO INSTALL
Aluminium external box AXAGON EEM2-U3C with USB 3.2 Gen1 (USB 3.0) is designed for SATA M.2 SSD disks.
SATA 6G interface with UASP support allows you to enjoy the speed of modern M.2 SSD drives. The transmission rate amounts to 5Gb/s thanks to the fast USB 3.2 Gen 1 interface. The external M.2 box also supports other modern functions, e.g. TRIM.
In the external box, SATA M.2 SSD disks with a size up to 22x80 mm can be mounted. The box is not limited by capacity of SSD disks. M.2 cards may be one-sided or double-sided.
Screwless mounting of the inserted M.2 SSD with latches ensures very easy assembly and disassembly, aluminum body allows good cooling.
Insert the M.2 SSD disk into this box and you can easily form a fast and compact external disk.The Box can be used with both computers and laptops, so with mobile phones and tablets with the OTG supporting function.
• USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0) SuperSpeed USB rate of up to 5 Gbit/s.
• Connection via reversible USB type C female connector.
• SATA M.2 SSD disks,
• designed for B+M-key and B-key card formats,
• NGFF 75-pin B-key slot for SATA M.2 drives.
• Compatible with USB 3.2 Gen1 / USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB 3.0 and backward compatible with USB 2.0.
• Supports transmission rates 5000 / 480 Mbit/s (SuperSpeed / HighSpeed).
• Support of B+M-key or B-key SATA (AHCI) M.2 SSDs without maximum capacity limitation.
• Support of M.2 drives with a size of 2242, 2260, 2280 mm.
• Support of both one-sided and double-sided M.2 SSDs.
• Compliant with Serial ATA 3.2 specification (SATA/600), bit rates of up to 6 Gb/s (600 MB/s).
• The total bandwidth / transmission rate of the box is determined by the USB 3.0 interface used (theoretically up to 5 Gbit/s).
• Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI) for faster data transmission in Windows 8 and later.
• Support of TRIM functionality to limit gradual degradation of the SSD performance over time.
• SSD boot support in external box.
• Possibility to connect your device while running thanks to the Hot Plug support.
• Full Plug and Play support.
• Standby Support - Drive asleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.
• Supplying the power via USB 3.0 bus up to 900mA from one USB port is sufficient in all cases.
• A decent blue LED indicating the connection to the computer's USB port (permanent light) and data transmission (blinking).
• Connection via USB 3.0 Type-C female connector.
• USB Type-A male / USB Type-C male cable 25 cm long is included.
• Heavy-duty aluminium body helps to cool the M.2 SSD.
• External box dimensions 115 x 39 x 11 mm.
• External box weight 40 g (without USB cable and M.2 SSD disk).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (all 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS versions are supported), Mac OS X 10.x and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and higher.
• Note: Drivers are included with supported operating systems and are installed completely automatically. No other drivers need to be installed.
• USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 external box for SATA M.2 SSD,
• USB type A - type C cable, 25 cm long,
• mounting material and a screwdriver,
• printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA,
• packed in a cardboard box with clearly indicated parameters.
|interface||USB 3.2 Gen 1 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 / USB 3.0 / USB 2.0|
|rate||5.000 / 480 Mbit/s (super / high speed)|
|connector||USB Type A male (on the cable)|
|connector||USB Type C female (on the box)|
|cable||25 cm, disconnectable|
|interface||SATA M.2 (AHCI)|
|rate||6 / 3 / 1.5 Gbit/s (SATA III / SATA II / SATA I)|
|connector||75-pin M.2 B-key|
|compatibility||all SATA M.2 SSD B-key / B+M-key|
|total permeability||5 Gbit/s theoretically (given by USB 3.0 input)|
|max. disk capacity||all, without limitations|
|boot from connected disk||yes|
|Plug and Play||yes|
|indication||blue LED - connection to the USB port of the computer (permanently on), data transmission (flashes)|
|dimensions||115 x 39 x 11 mm|
|weight||40 g (without USB cable)|
|on the bus||yes (USB bus power)|
|through power adapter||no|
|MS Windows||10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 (all 32- and 64-bit versions)|
|MS Windows Server||2016 / 2012 / 2008 (all 32- and 64-Bit versions)|
|Mac OS||X 10.x and higher|
|Linux||kernel 2.6.x and higher|
- USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 external box for SATA M.2
- USB cable, 25 cm long
- mounting material and a screwdriver
- installation manual
- printed installation manual CZ / DE / DK / ENG / ESP / FIN / FR / GR / HR / HU / IT / NL / PL / PT / RO / RU / SK / SWE / BG / CN / TR / ARA
- cardboard box
- package dimensions 17.5 x 8.3 x 2.2 cm
- weight of 1 pc package 83 g
- EAN 8595247904270
- number of pieces in the box: 60
- total weight of the box: 5.75 kg G.W.
- box dimensions: 38 x 31 x 20 cm
A): By initializing the disk, you can set the mode in which the hard disk will work
B): You can use the partition with the master boot record (MBR) or the GUID partition table (GPT). For disk up to 2TB, use the MBR option, we recommend selecting GPT on a larger disk than 2TB. Subsequently, the initialized disk should be formatted.
A): The newly purchased disk must be initialized before first use.
B): If the new disk is not initialized automatically, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired disk and initialize it.
A): Drivers are included with operating systems and are installed completely automatically. The external box (adapter / docking station) is detected as a standard storage device, such as a USB flash disk, no additional drivers are needed.
B): No other drivers need to be installed and are not even available. If you continue to have problems with your external box (adapter / docking station), check out more tips that can help you troubleshoot problems.
A): If the external box (adapter / docking station) is not displayed in "Device Manager", there may be a USB port malfunction. It is also possible that your computer has a poor power supply to USB ports and the power is not sufficient to operate an external box (you can detect by listening that HDD is not spinning). This is a problem especially for older computers, where the source part already works at the limit of its parameters. In this case, it would help to use a USB hub, with an auxiliary power supply, by which the external box (adapter / docking station) would be connected to the computer.
B): Try plugging the external box (adapter / docking station) into another USB port, preferably on the back of your PC. The external box (adapter / docking station) should be detected and the drivers loaded automatically. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the operating system failed to get the necessary information to install the drivers.
B): The cause may be a defective USB cable or damaged device. If the problem persists, plug the external box (adapter / docking station) into the USB port of another computer to verify its functionality.
A): If this happens, it means that the Windows operating system did not assign a drive letter to the new storage device.
B): If the drive letter is not assigned, open "Disk Management", right-click on the desired drive and manually assign the drive letter. If the drive letter can not be assigned to the disk, it is possible that the disk is formatted as "dynamic". If you want to keep disk data, connect it to the original device and make a backup of the disk. Then convert it to a normal disk, initialize it to MBR (or GPT, see other points), and then perform Low Level Format (e.g. using the Low Level Format Tool)
A): The external AXAGON boxes (adapters / docking stations) support the USB Mass Storage protocol making it easy to connect to TV.
B): When using a disk larger than 2TB, some TVs do not support GPT format. In such case, MBR format must be used when initializing a disk.